Wednesday, December 12, 2012

MPLAB X IDE So Slow and takes for EVER

Anyone can help with this would be great.  It was working fine for ever, then suddenly it started to take forever when I connect to the board to download FW or edit project settings.

I now I installed some Java for Android development recently and this is about the time it started to do this...
What part is causing this I am not sure yet...


Some of the things I did so far and did not work:

  1. I changed the path to  jdkhome=""  in the following file  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\mplab_ide\etc\mplab_ide.conf"
  2. I also, added the switch to the start-up icon "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\mplab_ide\bin\mplab_ide.exe" --jdkhome "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\sys\java\jre1.6.0_32-windows-x64\java-windows"




This is not good, it is killing me, I can not do any development like this...

Updates: 12/13/2012:
It was something with my Bluetooth.  I started working on Bluetooth around the same time when MPLAB started acting this way.  So, I thought to disconnect my BT dongle, and walla, MPLAB working just fine!!  Something was going on between BT dongle and MPLAB.  I will have to find out!

1 comment:

  1. This saved my life!!!!
    I had the same problem and I just disconnect my bluetooth dongle and walla :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete