Monday, December 10, 2012

Configure Eclipse to Auto-Save before Executing App

So, if you develop using  Eclipse, you must know how you have to save your modules every time you click on run.  So, it is an extra click every time.  Usually in most other IDEs you would not have to do this, because they have an option to auto-save your modified documents.

I know there was an option in Eclipse too, and I used it before but, I forgot how to do that and it took me a while to find it again.
so, here it is, a note to my self and to others who need to know how...

Click on Window -> Preferences
Select General from the list on the left
Expand it and click on Workspace
In the right side make sure the "Save automatically before build" is checked



Now Select Run/Debug from the list on the left
and Expand it to Select Launching
In the right side find and make sure "Save required dirty editors before launching" is Always



Click OK and you are set to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment